John Bonnell Mic Mods
- Wrap microphone (and PSU for tube mics) in bubble cushion material, closing each end, and place in an appropriately sized box (generally, no more than an 1" or 2.5 cm larger than the contents). Use bubble material to fill any voids, so items are secure and cannot shift. Tip: small bubbles are best for wrapping items, while large bubbles are for filler.
- Do not use styrofoam peanuts, they offer no protection for microphones.
- Do not use newspaper, or other makeshift packing material (such as acoustic foam, egg cartons, or empty space).
- Do not ship the microphone in its hard case (if it has one), unless there is a reasonable need to do so. If you feel you must ship a mic in a hard case, contact before doing so. An additional return shipping fee may be charged for microphones received in a hard case.
- Ship only what is required for the microphone to function—no stand adaptors, shock mounts, microphone cables, or extra items. For tube mics, include the PSU, and multi-pin connecting cable to the mic. For stereo mics, include splitter cable.
- Signature service is not required, nor recommended. If signature confirmation cannot be avoided, which is sometimes the case, please contact me with the tracking information so I can be ready to receive the package. If I'm unavailable to sign for a package, there could be a delay of a few days until I can pickup the package. Signature packages always like to arrive early in the day, while I'm still asleep. I'm a performing musician, noon is early.
- I do accept third-party shipments, however, additional return shipping charges may apply if the package contains more than just the mic.
- International customers only: Do not ship UPS, FedEX, or DHL. Items received via these methods will have to be held for one month, until customs issues are cleared up.
- International customers only: Mark customs forms: Repair.